Purpose of the Position
Proactively work with managers and leaders across the Division ensuring alignment of HR priorities with business goals and supporting the achievement of the business strategy and direction. The HR Director will be responsible for a wide range of HR functions covering all phases of the employee life cycle: workforce planning, talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, talent management, rewards and recognition, employee development and engagement, employee relations and company culture..
• Understand the strategic and operational business plans, provide input on their HR implications and help define an HR strategy to ensure alignment of HR priorities with business strategy and Corporate HR priorities.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with leaders and managers across the division, gain credibility and trust, understand their current and future business challenges and provide high quality HR support.
• Ensure consistency of HR policies and employee experience across the Division.
• Coach, mentor and advise business leaders through all elements of the HR lifecycle.
• Assess organizational and leadership capabilities and build plans to improve them and ensure achievement of long term business goals.
• In close cooperation with the Division - and Country Management develop leader´s skills, knowledge and confidence to proactively manage difficult and sensitive people issues.
• Work with managers and employees across the Division to spread deeper knowledge and understanding of the company’s culture and values as well as the business model.
• Advise business managers on organizational design and workforce planning to enable the business to grow and operate effectively: organization redesign, defining work structure, job design, job descriptions and job grading, reporting lines, clear responsibilities, job requirements.
• Influence key decisions on organizational change and development, build and implement change management plans to ensure continual performance improvements, employee engagement, retention and effective succession plans.
• Develop and implement programs to attract, select and hire the best talent and ensure an effective onboarding to accelerate their integration into the company’s culture and business model.
• Educate and influence business leaders on creating a diverse workforce and building an inclusive culture.
• In close cooperation with Corporate HR, define the talent management agenda in line with the company’s talent strategy: management trainee concept, talent and potential assessment, calibration, talent development plans, succession planning.
• Build and implement plans to increase organizational capabilities and move talent to the next level.
• Train and guide managers to boost performance management to the next level and create a high performing environment: timely and meaningful goal setting, effective performance feedback, performance calibration and assessment, compensation planning .
• Implement the company’s compensation policy :
- ensure compensation and benefits are aligned with market practice.
- lead the annual merit increase process.
- ensure incentives are aligned with business priorities and goals.
- participate in compensation studies as requested.
• Identify training needs and assist in organizing trainings on division level.
• Advise business leaders on how to improve the communication of business related subjects among employees and cascade down business and corporate messages.
• Ensure employee data accuracy.
• Collect, monitor, review and analyze HR data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
• Ensure compliance with local legislation and provide input and expertise to the Division leadership team in terms of local labor law and European practices.
• Provide support and advice and share best HR practices and ideas within the broader HR Community on Corporate and Divisional level.
• Collaborate in Corporate HR projects and ensure local implementation of business-critical HR related projects.
• Provide functional leadership and guidance to the Country HR Managers within the Division, if applicable.
Decision Making Authority
• In line with Delegation of Authority matrix.
Function/Market & Industry Knowledge/Business Acumen
• Ability to understand business strategy and its HR implication.
• Experience in influencing and driving important change management projects.
• Prior experience operating across Europe and sensitivity to cultural differences .
• Proven knowledge and practical application of European HR practices and employment laws.
• Success in driving effective retention strategies, employee development plans, rewards programs.