As Fruit buyer for Greenyard Frozen Division, you will be responsible for buying fruit and play the interface between 3rd party frozen fruit suppliers located worldwide and the Greenyard frozen operating sites in Europe
You will ensure the availability of product according to specified quality standards and manage supply chain and stock levels.
You will develop new supplier partnerships and identify best options matching suppliers and customers needs. You will negotiate prices, payment terms and delivery conditions with these suppliers in order to optimize the profitability of the category.
You will follow up purchasing contracts and maintain supplier’s relationship and performance data (KPI’s, certification, audit report, quality standards, specifications,…)
The international fruit buyer will be part of the Greenyard Frozen divisional team and report directly to the International Product Manager fruit.
o You will be responsible of buying fruit to 3rd party suppliers located worldwide
o You will develop new supplier partnerships and identify best options matching suppliers and customers needs.
o Identify best buying options internationally based on production areas and quality standards.
o Drive execution and ensure contracts & agreements are aligned with budgeted forecast.
o Continually review supplier performance, quality, respect of agreements and conditions.
o Call off coordination based on S&OP.
o Sampling coordination and follow-up
o Manage reporting on price purchasing variance running detailed analysis on budget prices, real prices, volumes, contract coverage.
o Identify spot opportunities and formulate propositions.
o Manage price risks linked to markets conditions.
o You will be responsible of buying fruit at the optimal pricing according to the needs defined by S&OP
o Monitor pricing index and influencing parameters contributing to Market intelligence system.
o Support to Tender Management
o Coordinate quality audit and reports for Greenyard preferred suppliers in close cooperation with quality department
o Claim Management
o Certification and accreditation Documents management
o Specification archives
o Align optimal purchasing strategy with internal stakeholders: Supply Chain, R&D, S&OP, Sales, Finance and Manufacturing.
o Participate to portfolio strategy by funnelling information from market/suppliers
• Graduate with a strong academic background, ideally with a Master degree.
• 5+ years purchasing experience in fruits
• Experience of working across international timelines and communities.
• Comfortable within a matrix management structure in a multinational environment and capable of managing virtual teams.
• A pioneer with a creative and open mind, capable to initiate new projects, structures and change.
• Knowledge and understanding of the relevant markets. Experience with crop related markets is a strong plus.
• Strategic vision, capable of effectively translating it into realistic projects.
• Works with the customer in mind and manages stakeholder's expectations appropriately
• Efficient, stress resistant and result oriented.
• Strong entrepreneurial, project management and financial skills (data and specifications analysis).
• Evidence of maturity, collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills, influencing ability.
• Willing to travel frequently (up to 40%).
• The English language is essential. Ideally second and third language is an advantage.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Excel, reporting tools and preferably SAP